Saturday, July 28, 2007

Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk

Matt and I saw Rufus Wainwright and Sarah Slean at the Centre tonight. Flawless. Girl Rocked--It--Out. Rufus is an army of fabulousness. When he sang "If Love Were All," the air was electric with flaming purple queerness. And Sarah was wonderful as always. Night Bugs is still one of my all-time favorite albums, although my ABSOLUTE favorite Sara Slean song is a B-Side, "John XXIII." Pure magic.

The concert was four hours long! That's a whole lot of fabulous. I was exhausted afterwards, as if I'd been forced to attend a wine and cheesecake banquet for hours. But it was really good cheesecake. Oh, and the lederhosen. Sweet Baby Jesus, the lederhosen. We love you, Roofs.

3 comments:

cynical romantic said...

I'm sorry, is there such a thing as bad cheesecake? I think not... especially if there's strawberries involved.

jes battis said...

or blueberries!

cynical romantic said...

and let's not forget about cherries!