Saturday, August 25, 2007

Hawt in the city

It's hot as hell in Brooklyn right now. Had a nice morning with Myka and her friend Christine, who's currently a roadie for someone named Margaret Thrasher. Had a tofu scramble with yam fries, then dragged my tired ass down to the cafe by the waterfront, Champion, for coffee and free wireless (plus, it's air conditioned).

Going to spend a few hours reading at NYPL. Still can't take out materials, since they require a million documents that I don't have in order to open up an account, but even as a foreign alien and potentially threatening Canadian I can still use their reading room. I can't even get an account at the Brooklyn Public Library, for Christ's sake, since they require a SSN.

We might end up going to a housewarming party at Myka's rich cousin's place in TriBeCa. I could see how the other 1% in this city live. I keep fantasizing that it will be like the party that Carrie goes to with Big where the hostess "only serves clear fluids," no beer.

2 comments:

cynical romantic said...

Well? You've left us hanging - were there or were there not opaque liquids at the party?

jes battis said...

didn't go, stayed home instead and watched Firefly, cus I'm fly that way