Sunday, September 30, 2007

Ch-ch-ch-changes

I am deep in the sweaty, smelly forest of editing right now. Day 2. I have to get these changes to the novel done soon, so that I can take that mofo out of my 'in tray' and focus on other stuff...like drinking wine and watching The Wire. I mean...like inking-dray ine-way and atching-way the Ire-way. Yeah, that's it. Fuckers will never crack that code! Wind-Talkers eat your heart out! (OK, I'm a bad person).

The hipsters invade my neighborhood on the weekends to bitch about their 'really intense' film classes at NYU, so I've retreated to Ashbox, the cafe in our industrial zone. If it were any closer to the rotting waterfront of Greenpoint, you'd see Marlon Brando there petting pigeons. Only Matt will get that.

Praying it doesn't get too hot so that I can keep my window seat. Also, if anyone has suggestions for the first novel, let me know, because it will be on its way to Ace soon.

Mmmmm...fruity oatmeal.

2 comments:

cynical romantic said...

what's this fruity oatmeal reference? and why is there an 'mmmmm' in front of it? has new york turned you so much against common decency that you have begun to associate oatmeal with an 'mmmmm' adjective?

for shame.

Graig said...

Re: "The hipsters invade my neighborhood on the weekends to bitch about their 'really intense' film classes at NYU, so I've retreated to Ashbox, the cafe in our industrial zone."

Jes, as someone who lived in GP from 2001-2006, unless your mother is Polish and you're living with her, I must tell you that you are one of the invaders. That "industrial" zone you refer to is the absolute hippest part of the neighbourhood. Those aren't warehouses, they're loft apartments, as you can see from the ubiquitous A.I.R. (Artist in Residence) plaques on the outer walls. The Ashbox opened up just a few years ago and was one of the first establishments to offer free wireless internet access to their Mac-toting clientele. I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you.