Thursday, September 27, 2007

Fanning the Flames of my Fierceness

My roommate's parents are in town, so the apartment is very...full. Dave, our houseguest who has become more of an honorary third roommate, and I, are escaping to the nearby cafe. There is a laundromat in the same building, so we have a system where we go in shifts to check on our laundry. Seems to be working so far.

I can't believe I have to go on the job market again. There's a kidslit job at the University of Winnipeg, but the deadline is Oct 15! What the fuck--they just posted it last week? Sigh.

It's hot today, and I need a fan for my bedroom. This provides an excuse to visit Bed, Bath, and Beyond, otherwise known as my gay home planet.

3 comments:

g.lyons said...

Hey Jes,

Totally unrelated to the post, but I wanted to let you know that my friend Em (presented a wicked creative/critical thing on bisexuality at the Blowing Up the Margins conf a few years ago) just got an essay published in Slayage. Most important, Em cites you in the opening paragraph. Check it:
slayageonline.com/essays/slayage24/McAvan.htm

Dr. said...

sweet, thanks for letting me know...how's everything going? dropping the hammer lately? has bri moved in yet?

cynical romantic said...

moving in as we speak - it is pouring rain and everyone bailed on me. i look forward to tonight when everything is all drenched but settled in and i can just chillax....