Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Harvey Milk

I'm so excited...I just got permission to visit the Harvey Milk High School, which is the school for at-risk LGBT kids in New York, a part of the Hetrick-Martin Institute. I'm going to try to organize a literary festival there with other novelists who write for gay teens, and I'm really hoping that I can get the students to contribute some original fiction and poetry for my book on gay and lesbian teen literature.

I feel like this is what I need to do in New York...this is a big, big thing that I want to do, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with academia...it's all about being a writer and being queer. I love it. I hope it works out! Cross your fingers.

Jes

1 comment:

Tez Miller said...

Here's hoping you can get Alex Sanchez to come - he's one of my favourite authors :-) Author of Rainbow Boys, Rainbow High, Rainbow Road, So Hard to Say, Getting It...and there's his most recent release, The God Box, but I haven't read that one yet.

All the best to you, and have a lovely day! :-)