Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Irony

Just finished a shitpile of photocopying, and now I'm trying to secretly drink my cherry coke without getting caught by the Skeksi-like librarians at John Jay College. That Dark Crystal reference was for Riley, by the way, even though he probably doesn't read this. And because he doesn't read this, I shall call him Riley Bear, which is the secret nickname that Matt and I always call him because he's so sweet and cuddley. Jen, if you're reading this, don't worry...I'm in love with the sea.

It's hot and stale in this library, but it's the only place I can get obscure forensic titles, because that's how I roll when I'm working on novel #2. Yeah, it probably looks weird when I'm photocopying my book on police tactical maneuvers, but I just grin and say "I'm writing a novel," and the librarians relax. Luckily, I was able to find the one copier loaded with legal paper. Not sure why they're playing classical music downstairs.

On my way to Park Slope, land of the eternal yoga mat, for dinner. Mmmm...burritos.


1 comment:

Riley said...

hey jes--
I just showed Ri your comment and we're both feeling quite chuffed to rate a mention on your blog!